View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #12
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

"Such is life." When I have visited the vet, I have never seen a "sick" dog in the waiting room. Most of the dogs that I have encountered at the vets were there for shots, diabetes, arthritis, tons of broken bones, and other injuries, etc. etc.

But, I do keep my eyes and ears open at the vet's office and can easily keep my little pup on my lap. I think it's great that your vet's office jumped in with the information they gave you and offered to bath your pup and then did it. Good for them!

We, adults, go places where we can pick something up - our children go to the pediatrician's office where other sick children might be, and our dogs go to the vet's office where sick animals might be.

My vet takes sick animals in immediately - and cleans the examination tables with an antiseptic after every animal leaves. And, I know they would tell me if they thought my pup had been exposed to anything that might be contagious.

My advise when you go out into public places with your animals or children (especially doctor's offices) is just keep your eyes and ears open -- and don't let them run around the place. Keep them in their seats or in your arms until it's their turn to see the doctor.

We just have to use our brains and do the best we can. The world is not a perfect place - right?

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!