View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreuer View Post
I have a yorkie/maltese mix 5 month old pup who I recently started feeding Royal Canin which she is doing well on. I bought the x-small puppy formula, but was wondering if she would benefit from the yorkie puppy formula instead although she is not full yorkie. Does that really matter? The ingredients seem similar, but amounts many be different. Any and all opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
I think it would be just fine, Yorkies and Maltese are both toy breeds and toy breeds have certain problems in common, like susceptible to early tooth loss and luxating paellas or finicky digestive systems. RC tries to make a food that takes certain things into account, but you can definitely mix and match the foods. I know Yorkies are really finicky about taste and RC tries to make their food tastier by adding certain ingredients after it's baked so it has a better smell and taste. Not sure if Maltese are as fussy, my son's Maltese will eat anything! Lol, I guess you could get a bag of Yorkie formula and a bag of Maltese formula and mix them together!

Join today and remove this ad!