View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #15
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
All meds have side effects whether for people or animals. I have had reactions to meds but never tried to scare people and insist that they too would have a reaction. Same goes for my pups....I have had pups have side effects to meds; but that does not mean that every single pup will have that same reaction to the same meds.

To scream and carry on and try to frighten people because you had one reaction to a med is just inappropriate imho.

Again, yes, I had a pup lose his hearing while on Mometamax....his ears were flushed and he was fine. No harm done. Of course I would not use it on him again. I deal with a lot of pups and it was the only time I had a problem over umpteen years of using it. I would, as I said, use it again no matter what someone else said about it.
I'm not trying to scare anyone! I'm just stating FACTS...my personal experience! I do not want anyone to go through what I, and Ian went through!!!!!!!!!! Your dog's ears had to be "flushed," then that WAS a problem! You stated that "you would not use it on him again," so harm WAS done!!!! One time I have a problem is one time too many! I'm not screaming, and I'm not "carrying on!" I wish someone had informed me so that I could have avoided the pain my baby went through! Maybe it's ok, in your opinion, for your dog to "lose his hearing," but it is NOT ok for Ian!!!!!!! I am not telling you, nor anyone else what to do with their dog, I'm simply stating what I will NOT do with mine!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!