View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

I know how tough it is to leave your furbaby behind. I absolutely hate leaving my babies and I miss them SO much if I'm away....as a result, we rarely vacation without them.

I'm sure your kiddo will do great - especially bc he'll be with family, who will love him and take care of him like you would. Plus, it sounds like his schedule will allow him ample time with Boncuk, which is wonderful.

I'd try to leave behind things that smell like you, like a scarf or bed shirt or shirt etcetera - that's always nice for a dog since they're so smell-focused.

Also, make sure your son knows where your vet is AND where the nearest emergency 24-hr vet is located as well; leave directions if he will need them. I always make sure they know where our "emergency dog supplies" are too - things like benadryl (in case of stings or whatnot), an empty syringe (for forcing water), nutrical, tummy meds, etcetera....just whatever you use/have for your own kit.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!