View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
Tishi24
Yorkie Talker

Default Lost on what to feed

So I have had my yorkie for 2 and 1/2 months. She is 10 years old and moved from California to NY. When she first got here she was chewing her paws, began to have scabby sores on her back, and litle sores on her belly. The vet said it was allergies -- we took her off Merrick food and went on ZD food. Then she was diagnosed with pancreatitis and colitis -- she had horrible episodes of bloody & mucous poop. Was at the vet a lot in the past few months. So I took her off the ZD and began feeding chicken and rice (with alternate salmon/string beans/carrots) -- she loves it but I know this is not a balanced diet but she had poop some diarrhea with a little bit of bloody mucous last friday. but overall -- no more stomach issues. My bigger issue is she is now chewing her paws a lot and scratching some more. I am not sure if she is allergic to the chicken or rice or she was groomed last week (is that making her itchy?) I am at a loss.
what can I feed her? I am open to all suggestions. Home cooking, soft food or kibble? I just have to be mindful of her not eating food high in fat or Omega 6 because of her pancreatitis. Any help would be appreciated.
Tishi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!