View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #6
WannaBe
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowGirlLola View Post
I wanted to add

It's a good idea to do all of her brushing on a table, it helps them learn to stand still when you need to cut their hair.

When I cut Lola's armpits I have her stand and I gently pull her leg forward and out a little bit so I can get under there and see what I'm doing. I don't cut the hair down to the skin because I'm afraid of cutting her.

This is a good link for cutting yorkie legs
Pet Grooming: The Good, The Bad, & The Furry: Scissoring a Yorkie
A person who has never trimmed a yorkie before (or any other breed) should not be encouraged to use scissors near the groin, backside or armpits. This can be very dangerous. If there is a mat in the arm pit and she pulls on the mat then uses the scissors there is a very good chance she will cut the skin. If there are no mats then it may be better, but I would never recommend anyone using scissors in this area! I've been to grooming school and it was the first lesson I learned. After 35 years of grooming before I retired there were many dogs that were cut "accidentally" by the owners trying to make their dogs look "not neglected" before they come in.
Please, if you are going to groom your own dog (and there is no reason you cannot learn from YouTube) do not use scissors in these areas....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!