View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

welcome to YT, aside from mammary cancer, not spaying can cause Pyometra, which can cause death if not caught early. I had 2 females spayed, it did not change their personalities, they were the sweetest, most loving lil girls, also spaying does not cause weight gain, over feeding and to many treats cause weight gain. You have been given good advise by above postings. My first 2 females I did not spay, one died a painful death from pyometra, I knew about mammary cancer, but not pyometra,my pups uterus erupted, puss went through out her body, she had emergency hysterectomy, she was 13 years old, she died a painful death before my eyes 9 days later, I would never want anyone to go through that.6 months later the 2nd non spayed girl got Pyometra, I recognized the signs, rushed her to the vet, emergency operation, it was caught in time. After 2 non spayed pups, the next 2 were spayed. Put your fears behind you, spay your baby, it's the healthiest thing you can do for her. Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!