View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #6
Tyrone
Yorkie Talker

Question Pad retraining

Okay, here's a problem I cannot find any info about.....have recently adopted a rescue yorkie, Sophie, 2 1/2 year old, as a play pal for my 23 month yorkie Tyrone. This dog has been through a lot of adjustments, leaving a mommy who loved her, transitioning from only people food (pizza, potato chips etc...)to quality doggy food, NEVER been around children, other dogs, had any toys or been outdoors at all. She has handled all these things really well...my grandaughters, Tyrone, our often outdoor life, sharing toys with Ty, and is eating the food I give. Clean bill of health from the vet....had never been....and now groomed....had never been, though my groomer could not do all her claws lol. So much for history.....She lived in a high rise with a disabled person, and she was completely pad trained. Since I have had her, she is peeing and pooing everywhere but the pad. She has gone outside a few times though she never had before. I have taken her out to the spot she used without luck. I have even put pads everywhere, but she avoids them. She has a bit of a mind of her own, so this is not the same as training 10 week old Ty was. Does ANYONE have any ideas for retraining an adult dog?
Tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!