View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
mich_cain
Yorkie Yakker

Exclamation HELP!! Going Backwards in Potty Training

We were doing so good with potty training. Almost had it. Now we are going backwards and going wherever we jolly well please!! HELP. I have confined her to one room again to start back at the beginning. She does not tell me she has to go even being confined. She just goes to the corner and goes. She REFUSES to poo outside no matter what I do. I tried walking her back and forth in the same spot she used to go and not giving her the pleasure of a walk until she did her business (no go) Tried walking her for a while, coming inside for a minute and then taking her back out and reminding her to go (no go). She used to then all of a sudden decided the only place she will do it is in the hall. Any words of advice would be so appreciated. She is just over a year. I had no idea it takes this long to train!! :-) My big dog learned in 2 weeks so this is quite an adjustment for me. I tried giving her a LITTLE tap on the rump but that just made her afraid of me. I also heard that makes them aggressive?? Not sure if that is true??
mich_cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!