View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #14
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

How long has your dog had the problem with the ears? When did the head-shaking, scratching, head-rubbing start? From the gist of your OP, it sounds as if this has been going on for some time. I know you know his now but if you are going to own a dog, you must get serious symptoms checked out early, especially when the weekend or a holiday are approaching. Since you didn't, you either now must rent a car or get a buddy or fellow student to drive you to the nearest vet.

I know this sounds harsh but it's a fact - having a puppy, you should already know your nearest ER vet locations and have a ready map to it in case of emergency, as you know since vets aren't always open and sick or injured dogs can't wait for care. Check under Emergency Veterinary Clinics/Hospitals in your area or the nearest or next nearest biggest town or city - they are always open when regular vet hospital are closed.

If there is a PetSmart near you, many of them have a Banfield's Pet Hospital in them and they are open part of the day on many lesser holidays. Heck, I think ours was open part of the day on New Year's Day this year.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!