View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #63
YorkieTherapy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Mike, I saw red when I read what happened to Lucy. My original post became a rant so I deleted it and took a time out.... calmer now.... I am just so glad Lucy is okay.

We have strict leash laws here that requires leashes to be no more than 6 ft. long and for owners to keep their dogs in control at all times. I find myself pointing this out to new crappy pet owners, many of them young professionals who moved from out of state and rent here because it's pet friendly.... I mean BIG friendly.... Mastiffs, Newfies etc... and I have had my own share of close calls.

One example of our animal control enforcing the leash law was when our neighborhood was being terrorized by a clueless dog owners who allowed her high prey untrained GSD to go off leash. When asked by one neighbor to please leash up her dog, the owner response was "f#% off and mind your own business.' I had witness the very same dog owner at the park around the corner from us taking off her dog's leash directly under a sign that reads, '$200 fine, dogs must be leashed.' I took a video and called AC and the park ranger to report the incident and was told by both they already knew of her and was more than willing to talk to her. The park ranger said they've been at the park every day trying to catch her in the act, there is a preschool located in the park, and some parents have already made complaints. AC said all they needed was her address which I gladly provided. They were there knocking on her door the very next day! Neighbors said she was fined and warned that if she continues, there will be a bigger fine and her dog will be taken away.

I think its great you are seeking legal advice. Perhaps your lawyer can make a call to AC to let them know you are serious... that they have to get off their lazy butt and actually do something because this isn't going away!

I have to tell you how impressed I am... how you stayed calm and kept a cool head to take photos. I would have been in pieces.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!