View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Your precious, loved baby is simply miserable. Get in a car, travel however far you need to and get her to the nearest vet. A serious infection, unremitting itching and lesions are extremely painful as the ear is severely inflamed, swollen and tender. The itching is almost worse than the pain. The stress from pain and itching is severe. The head-rubbing is from the dog trying anything to get relief!!! Every movement of the head of the ear itself hurts. The infection could reach to the ear drum and perforate it, go into the brain if not stopped. I couldn't stand to see my dog ever get close to this bad without getting them to vet and insist on pain medication, antibiotic/anti-fungal treatments after whatever testing were necessary to determine the type/extent of the infection. You owe your dog the same type of medical care you would get for yourself or your child and I promise, if you had an ear infection that severe, you'd find a way to get yourself some immediate help and pain relief! If your dog could talk, the poor little thing would be saying, "Mommie, please help me now if you really love me. I can't stand this anymore!"
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!