View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I think they whine and cry because they know they don't have adequate hiding places for their toys or chewies and wherever they hide them, they can still smell them and know they aren't really hidden from other predators. If a dog begins obsessing over the chewies, it's time to remove all of them, wash or toss them, wash and/or spray his bed, his crate and the hiding places with Lysol spray or Febreze to try to lower the remaining scent of them where he's hidden them in the past and better to get him busy learning obedience and playing fetch or with other toys and balls, puzzle games or several small kong toys filled with treats or kibble.

My Tibbe will spend 45 minutes with 3 small kong toys filled with his kibble. That's often how he eats his dinner. Or with a plastic drink bottle washed and dried, filled with pieces of dog kibble for him to hit hard enough to bounce the kibble out piece at a time.

My Tibbe's greatest fun is carrying around his chewies and hiding them and wanting me to find them! It's his greatest fun game to hide them, get them, re-hide them and then come get me to come look for them. He'll do that all day long but rarely ever chews on them at all!!! But when he keeps obsessing, I take them all up, wash or toss them and spray the places they've been hidden and we do other things, long walks, other games and puzzles and divert his attention to other things. Before long though, I give him a few new chewies and we start all over with the game he loves for a while.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!