View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #11
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
Some corporations have an "image" they want to be representative of their firm. Some want a very professional look and others more laid back. I would consider where the company you are interviewing with falls in that spectrum. Right now many folks are looking for jobs and it is very competitive.
This is excellent advise and I think it is the answer. You don't get a second chance to have a first impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
It shouldn't affect wether or not she get's hired but it could. I think your friend will be okay for the most part, but shouldn't do something too exciting too ya know? Mostly what I've done is gone and checked out how other employees present themselves and styled myself similarly.
I'm African American, and I think the most common cases usually deals with the guys who wear afros,dreads, and braids. For women it's not that big a deal unless she has unnatural colors.
Glad you said, it shouldn't but it could. The job and whats expected has to be a part of it. One could have a job with a trucking company that pays twice that of one where one has to dress in a more conservative manner and all I can say is one has to judge the job they are applying for at the moment. You seem to be doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
The first impression (positive or negative) is always very important. And that first impression comes when your interviewer first steps into the room and sets eyes on the interviewee. Depending on the type of job you are interviewing for, a "funky" hair style may give the impression of not being serious or of being someone who doesn't show proper respect.

If it were me, I would definitely dress and groom conservatively for an interview and test the waters as far as dress/grooming after I was established in the new job.
I agree with this as well.

crystalsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!