Thread: Food choices
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_nj0488 View Post
Hello,

I have two Yorkies one is about a year old and my newest addition is less than 3 months, I’ve been feeding them both Royal Canin. I was told by the vet that is great food so I just listened. However I noticed that Toby which is the oldest has been eating the dirt out of the house plans and then I’ve noticed Koko which is the new puppy is eating dirt when I walk her. I heard that when they eat dirt that means that they are lacking vitamins or minerals or something like that.

So I was wondering if is normal that they are eating dirt or should I try to change their food and if so what are some suggestions as good food for them.
Thank you
Are you feeding RC Puppy formula? Both should still be eating puppy kibble. Eating nonfood items is called Pica and does not necessarily mean they are lacking nutrition and I highly doubt that eating RC would be considered a food lacking proper nutrition. Could they be bored and just looking or trouble?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!