View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #26
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairewijay View Post
Hi
A few days after I got my year old Yorkie, she got away from me in the park. I didn't know she was on heat and she had a 'misalliance' with a German Spitz. She is a fairly large Yorkie (4.6kg) but he was a bit bigger than her. I was planning to get an emergency spay but pulled out after a scan confirmed she is definitely carrying 3 or 4 puppies. I just didn't have the heart to kill them. I am now giving her proper antenatal care, but have a few questions. What do I actually need for whelping? The products available are overwhelming me! Any clue what the puppies will be like? The vet has no idea. I am not worried about finding homes as I'm in London, England and unusual hybrids are quite popular. The father is a pedigree stud dog and the breed is supposedly valuable. Wish Lola's puppies were going to be pure Yorkies (she now has a Yorkie boyfriend called Bombi), but I'm sure they'll be beautiful anyway. Any advice gratefully received.
I just read something on one of your other posts that you or none of the others mentioned, I see your pup is not quite a year old, or maybe barely that now. From everything I have read that is to young, so you need to listen to the advice of your vet and even seek a second opinion if possible.

For all the reasons I stated in my previous posts I do feel that healthy pups can be born to healthy parents of mixed breeds, but I would never encourage one to do this to a young pup.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!