View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Mamatoussau2
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I am so sorry! Your poor puppy. I'm glad you took her to the vet. Wish they had given you a pain med to maybe help calm her and not want to scratch at her ear. If it is 24 hour emergency vet, I would call and ask.

For the cone -- it goes around the neck, so I'm sure what you mean about getting a leg out.

I'm sorry that I do not have any suggestions about what to do tonight. When Max was at the height of his eye problems and had to wear a cone/be protected from scratching, my dad and I took turns watching over him and sleeping.

In the future, no scissors near the ears! Was your husband trying to trim ear hair? Only use a trimmer, like a mustache trimmer, and always flat against the skin, never perpendicular to the edge of the skin. If your puppy is not very cooperative about sitting still, go very slowly. Always use hands to protect the face from scissors. Always work in bright light too.

Best wishes for your baby.

Thank you so much for your response Maximo!! I'm not sure what he was doing... He's been grooming both of our yorkies and has done a really good job. I did take her to the 24 hr vet and they probably thought since it wasn't a huge cut, she'd be find with the pain. She's very restless though and I'm not sure if the bandage is too tight, she's not used to it or what. I asked if it was too tight but they said if you could put a finger underneath, it's good. The whole cone thing, I think she was trying to use her front leg and it got under the cone. It's really loose on her! I'm super protective over both my babies and if 1 isn't doing well, I'm freaking out. Thank you again for your kind words and help.
Mamatoussau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!