View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Thank you for rescuing this baby boy from an uncertain future. But like his future could have been, his past is uncertain for you to know....he may have had horrible encounters with children and that is where this behavior comes from. I am not a trainer, so I can not help you....I just wanted to give you an idea of what may be going on. I have a breeder that absolutely detests men....men of all shapes, sizes and ages! She has been with me and my son, for 9 years, and every single time Kara sees my son, which is many times during the day, every day, for the past 9 years, she goes absolutely crazy insane. The barking that she erupts into is breath taking.....if he enters the room she is in, she goes after his ankles, but she nips at his pants leg or shoe....she has NEVER bitten him. If he bends down to get her, when he gets his hands on her, she has never bitten him....she just gives up and I can imagine she waits for Death to be dealt to her.......she has never cowered when you reach for her, like you would expect a beaten dog to do......Kara is retired and is no longer used for breeding....but she will stay with me until she passes because I could not risk giving her to someone that may not be tolerant of this intense, overwhelming fear she has of men. At the vet, only the female techs handle her, simply to keep her from being in such terror from a man holding her. They can not believe such a precious, adoring, sweet little girl turns into a raging, fearful maniac when a man enters the picture. Like I said, poor soul has never bitten a single soul, she just absolutely freezes and her heart beats out of her chest........ but I wish I could get my hands on whoever put this fear in her. So, you never know what your baby endured with children that could prompt such reaction. Perhaps a animal behaviorist could help work it out....just be understanding and dont subject him to exposure to children....he MAY bite one, and then you have a whole different can of worms, that is certainly not that pup's fault! (Kids can enjoy tormenting dogs...they used to torment my dogs thru the fence when they did not realize I was sitting within eye sight of them...when they got off the school bus and were walking down the sidewalk, my babies would run to the fence to play and look at the kids....then they started hitting on the fence and yelling and banging, and turned those precious babies into kid haters!)

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 05-18-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!