View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #9
Oddsock
YT 500 Club Member

They like me to throw a ball (we have a ball throwing contraption) for our big dog (border coliie) they then chase and run with him. Sometimes they steal the ball and tease him (Ishmael) he lets them and waits till they give it up. Pippi wiggles her butt and tail while holding the ball and teasing him. She's a flirt.

We plan on starting agility in our garden (after vet checks) with them this summer.

Indoors- I tie string (never leaving this unattended) to a small tire toy and to a hollow ball toy. This is their favourite game. Throwing the toy across the room, and drag it back, they hunt it, catch it and growl as they kill it and play tug with me. They do this for about 20 minutes then they give up ( so do I). I have to hide these toys, they yelp with excitement when they see these toys.

We also have Kong type toys, balls, med kongs, bone shaped ones, we put treats and their food in there that keeps them busy for a short while.

We have short training session to break up the day. Just the usual, 'dead', sit,down, up, stand, stay, leave, hello, say please (beg), spin.....etc..

I use the tornado game with them three or four times a week, Caleb likes it the best. Also I use the bone shapes on a board, separately to hide food and ask Caleb to choose which one, he chooses. Now we show him where it's been put and then I move them around, he chooses. We also do with with food in our hands, we hold our closed hands out and tell him to 'choose', then put his paw on the one he chooses, and we open it, if it's the one with a treat in, he gets it. We've not taught Pippi this yet.

They bring toys to me, to play fight with.

They tease and chase each other with toys and hides. Picking it up and dropping it, near each other then grabbing it and running. The chase begins.

They love to chase each other around the garden. Pippi grabs Calebs tail if she catches him. They hunt and chase each other. I take them out to do this several times a day.

They ride my mobility scooter to the local field, where they run between my husband and I. Also to the woods. On a good day, when I can walk a little, I take them around our crescent.

They have a box of toys that I rotate each week, but they ignore it mostly now, unless a human plays with them. They love ripping up paper and cardboard, which I give them at times. Hiding treats in cardboard boxes for them to work at.

Caleb Pippi
Oddsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!