View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #12
ShowGirlLola
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
How cute that she handed grandma her glasses!

I believe the reason Yorkies are not ranked high on the "intelligence" lists is that the measurement they use is the ability to follow commands. Not that Yorkies are not good at obedience and tricks, but following commands is not a comprehensive assessment of intelligence.

Max never forgets a thing. He knows when there is bag of chew treats in the cabinet (we don't always have them). If I tell him in the morning that we are going to have one, he doesn't forget all day.
That's probably it. Yorkies know the commands but they only do them when they want to. Lola will do a lot of tricks easily (sit, sit pretty, high five, etc.) but she'll only lay down or roll over on her terms.

Aww Max really loves his treats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilah Charm View Post
Yes the imagery of handing grandma her eye glasses is so sweet. What clever little pups we have. Lilah definitely knows all of my words and feelings and responds accordingly.
It really is amazing how much they understand, I talk to Lola a lot and try to tell her what's going on. For example she responds much better if I ask if I can pick her up rather than just bending down. She always has an eye and an ear on me, listening for words that interest her and making sure I don't go anywhere without her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Dang, what a smartie-pants, I love it! She is really amazing.

One thing Wylie remembers that just boggles us is - we used to keep his extra plastic-newspaper toys in an upper cupboard YEARS AGO (since been moved to another one). To this day, he'll still occasionally just run over to that area and look up at that cupboard and then look at us, telling us to get a newspaper toy out of the cupboard. I don't know how he remembers we used to keep it there!
That's so cute, maybe he thinks there are newspapers in both cabinets.
ShowGirlLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!