View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #14
yorkiefan_
I ♥ my Cookie Monster!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Lystad View Post
This should be a happy time for John and I since we are both retired as of Friday. I am ruining it with my bawling. I so appreciate the sweet support of this community. My head says "you did what had to be done." My heart says the last thing you did was make your beloved best friend cry and die." Thus the tears.. I am just praying God will heal me. We are heading out to the lake to celebrate John's retirement with friends. Love an Hugs to you all.
It's really hard to get that last minute or two out of your head. With Minnie she was in an extremely nasty grand mal seizure, and after the relaxer her eyes were just wide open and popping out of her head, tongue sticking out the side of her mouth, and she was hugely struggling for oxygen right before getting that terrible final pink shot. It was a 30 minute drive to the ER on a Sunday night, and there was recovering from it once we got there with her.

It took weeks to stop thinking of that horrible last image of Minnie, but eventually my thoughts were almost all of her happy and excited, jumping on me and my furniture when I came in through the door, or parading her bird and squirrel kills around the house. It's just going to take time to get that heartbreaking image out of your head.

Last edited by yorkiefan_; 05-17-2014 at 05:25 PM.
yorkiefan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!