View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #32
sasha2334829
Senior Yorkie Talker

Lilah Charm :

My yorkie is 8 lbs and my chihuahua is 7 lbs. I didn't have a fenced in yard before I started outdoor potty training, so my husband made me a 600 sq. ft. area around the front door which is where I wanted the dogs to go out. It works perfectly. But, since I had them pottying on command, I just opened the door and told them to "go potty" and they would do their business and come back in. I live in Missouri so we get all the different types of weather. Bad snow, ice, cold temps and sleet in the winter and lots of rain in the spring and summer. And they both do well in the snow and rain. They actually do better in those conditions because they don't like it. So they will go as quickly as possible to come back in.

I actually liked the thought of them being able to use potty pads. That's why I started training them to potty on them when they were puppies. But, I was using washable puppy pads. They started to smell after a while and the pads wouldn't absorb their pee fast enough so they would step in it, which would then get all over my carpeted floors and furniture. So that's when I decided to outside potty train them and I absolutely love it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!