View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #1
francis53
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default How to introduce a new dog into the household

He's one of my pups that I sold over 7 yrs. ago, I found out yesterday thru facebook that this dog was placed in a shelter as the couple that took him are getting a divorce and she is in woman's shelter. I was terribly upset to see that post as I had already told her I would take him back, I didn't want him anywhere else and we signed a contract originally stating that he was to come back here if she could no longer care for him. She's promised to go get him back today, I hope she can do that or I will go adopt him myself. I admit, I wasn't really wanting another dog at this time, we have six already, but he is related to 5 of them, his parents and 3 siblings, one is his littermate. So of course I don't want to see him in a shelter, he's a bigger yorkie and being 7yrs. old, probably not in high demand to be adopted. I'm unsure of how to bring him into the household, our dogs are not used to other dogs for the most part and when one comes around they get quite shook. We already have 2 that cannot be together at all, as the little one (dad) growls and the bigger one (son) whoops his behind every time, he still growls. So I am hoping to get some suggestions as I would like to see Mickey become part of my dog family without too much trouble. Sorry this is so long, thanks for reading.
francis53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!