View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #5
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Jackson's had many many ticks over the years. It's a very normal occurrence along much of the East Coast. No reason to keep your dogs inside 24/7 or worry about one little tick. Let them be dogs and live a normal life. Jackson would hate life if he couldn't run around in the grass, play fetch, go swimming, visit the beach, etc...

Ticks suck and are gross but you just gotta deal. The tick could've come off you for all you know. I've found a tick on me after walking through long grass. We visited a battlefield last year and I had 20 ticks crawling all over me!! Eekkk it was gross. I was picking them off Jackson for a few days. I did not wash any of his bedding right away or anything, they are not like fleas and don't muliptly.

Mosquitoes and bugs can also get into houses which is why monthly heartworm meds are so important even if you have an indoor pet. I use K9 Advantix for fleas/ticks during the summer months when ticks are bad, but don't find any need for it during the fall and winter. But I give Heartguard Plus for heartworms all year long.

Last edited by Britster; 05-16-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!