View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #149
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
OK so who do you think I should ask about my dog's diets? A human dentist? You? Some unknown lay person on the internet? Or perhaps Joe Blow on the street corner?
Seriously? Splitting hairs over dog and/or animal. I will stick with my vet nutritionist thank you. She is a vet and has studied animal nutrition. She has never worked for a pet food company. Works for me...and certainly works for my Cookie who has lymphangectasia. Her diet was formulated in 2011 by the vet nutritionist and she has done very well and is maintained now by that diet alone. NO meds.
Linda Cookie is doing amazing. I feel the same way about our vet nutritionist who has saved Daisy's life. Daisy was first diagnosed with liver disease, IBD and kidney disease at age 6 after many years of illness and frustration due to her terrible breeding. Our vet nutritionist not only had the degrees after her name but 20+ years of clinical experience working at one of the country's best and oldest veterinary hospitals where nearly 60,000 patients a year are seen. Clearly, her credentials set her at the top of her profession but all I cared about was that she could find a way for my dog to eat and have a quality of life. It was the best $95 consult fee and $50 diet I ever bought. More recently, we received another blow when I learned that her kidney disease was now a protein-losing disease with a poor one year prognosis. That was in August 2011. We are going on 3 years and because a slight modification was made to Daisy's diet by this wonderful DOG nutritionist, she is improving. At her last internal med visit, I asked when I should prepare for Daisy's end...when would the time come for fluids and dog hospice..and her internist shrugged, said she outlived his prognoses and she could develop some random new problem that might kill her first. He sent her on her way, told her to enjoy the spring and to keep feeding her the chick pea diet.

There ARE dog nutritionists. My dog is almost 14 now. Without her nutritionist, she would've been dead by 10. Instead, she's youthful, strong and happy. She eats soy nuggets and vegan food. If I fed her like a "dog" she would've blown a kidney and bled out from a stroke. There is no Internet fool that could have done what this vet did for my dog. Anyone attacking her or her colleagues is just not worthy of my time or interest. There will always be those who feed their dogs out of a garbage can. It's kind of like how hoarders don't think they are filthy pigs.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!