View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
You'd just ADORE Forney. I've spent two whole days some weekends just roaming from place to place and taking in all the stuff. Entire English pubs brought over piece by piece to entire libraries to great parts, chunks and pieces of old buildings or home and barn structures to old machinery of every kind - huge and tiny - and every part of building materials intact or in pieces to every kind of rustic everything right down to old electrical or gas appliance pieces. Barn wood is everywhere. I've never seen anything else like it. Then, there are the gazebos, fabulous lawn furniture and lawn pieces and fabulous statuary, unending objet d'art - anything your eye can see is endlessly interesting. Shabby chic sections abound. Amazing place during the late '90's and early millennium and still is, though much of that culture has moved on to other parts in and around Dallas and surrounding counties due to antiquing association fees, taxes and problems with Forney growing into a real town.

The drive form Dallas to Forney used to be like going from crazy-busy, congested city life to real country in just 15 - 20 minutes. You'd just love to spend the day in Forney!!!
They have traveled quite a bit but never Texas, I will tell them about this.

Thanks

crystalsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!