View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #35
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Sweet Pea View Post
I can't thank you all enough for giving me your opinions and the benefit of your experience. Yes, some areas have more rabid wildlife then others ... but also some dogs are out doors more often then others. My darling is barely 5lbs. She is trained on wee wee pads and is hardly out of the house. Because of the fragile health and state of most little teacup yorkies, and because of the side effects/reactions some vaccines cause, I feel it is prudent {on a case to case basis} to use caution when vaccinating the little ones. A MODIFIED VACCINE SCHEDULE is best for me and I was wondering if anyone has one then can send me? NY has laws but there are exceptions.. I believe in a holistic approach combined with vetinary care. And my yorkie has a problem with her right back leg.. When I adopted her she had this.. so vaccines cannot be put in the back legs... HAS ANYONE HAD A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE DHPP VACCINE? If you don't give distemper/parvo, will the dog develop distemper problems? [sorry for these symplistic questions]
I have not had a negative experience with the DHPP vaccine in any of my dogs. I always hang around the hospital for a short while after doing vaccines just in case of a reaction but fortunately I have not experienced any. I don't think the size of the dog has anything to do with the need to vaccinate to prevent certain diseases. NY does seem to have an exception for rabies due to a medical concern, but that is not going to be because of a back leg issue. It's more for things like cancer or immune-mediated diseases.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!