View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #25
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

OP, your pup needs rabies.

I don't over vaccinate by any means. I also don't play games with my dogs' lives. Decapitation for rabies testing is not some distant idea that never happens. It is real and happens all the time. Vet hospitals even keep 'head cans' for this purpose.

Modified live virus vaccines and killed vaccines are totally different. The research done thus far for parvo and distemper is not applicable to rabies.

It makes no difference that a dog is house bound (as said above that is sad, imo). If pup bites or even licks a scratch or mucus membrane of another animal or human then you risk being reported followed by quarantine.
If in that time the pup that bit or the animal/person bitten gets as much as a tiny tremor the state has every right (and a responsibility) to decapitate.

These unvaccinated animals also must he treated differently at the vet because no owner can prove nonexposure.

Dogs are a major carrier of rabies that infects humans. This is not seen in the US as much because we have mandatory vaccination.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!