View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #12
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajchallenger View Post
Heres more information about states that offer rabies exemption. NY is listed although they will give you a hard time.

States with Medical Exemptions in Lieu of Rabies Vaccination - Rabies Challenge Fund
Did you read the link that I posted? The last paragraph addresses exceptions. Additionally, I live in a suburb of Chicago and there have been rabid animals very near me. Why anyone would take a chance with vaccinating their animals against rabies is just beyond me. My sister who lives about 1.5 miles from me had 2 bats in her home. They think that the bats entered through a vent. Their dog was going crazy trying to catch it while my BIL was also trying to capture the time. There have been rabid bats found in her neighborhood. My other sister who also lives in the area had just come home with her puppy who only had 1 round of vaccines and they had a raccoon on their roof. Their neighbor does wild life rescue who came down to assist with the raccoon that was now running around the roof. The first thing she told me sister was to put the puppy inside because she could tell by the condition of the animal that it was infected with Distemper and Bella was not fully vaccinated. Both the stories prove to me that vaccinating our dogs against these diseases are very important. Not doing so is IMO is just as irresponsible as not properly vaccinating your children against childhood diseases.

Current New York State Rabies Data
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!