View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #107
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
So, in summary, I take the good and the bad from all sources and form my own opinion, and that's all I'm asking people to do. As far as Purina and Blue Buffalo go, I feed my cat Purina One (which contains named ingredients as its main ingredients) and I feel Bella Blue Buffalo (which also contains named ingredients as its main ingredients).
That's basically what I do too. No one company is going to be perfect, no one food is going to be good for all dogs, and no one doctor is going to have the answers to everything. I would have no problems feeding most of the Purina One formulas or Purina Pro Plan formulas, depending on how my dog does on them of course. Blue Buffalo? To be honest, *I* personally wouldn't touch it, but that doesn't mean some dogs don't do great on it.

I saw a question in the thread and now I can't find it but it was about Purina and it's 'hypocrisy' because they use some of the ingredients that they are complaining BB uses, but I believe the reason is because Purina isn't trying to hide the fact that there's corn or wheat in their food. It would be VERY bad for a dog who has issues with any of those ingredients and an owner thinking they're not feeding them. So it's a pretty big deal if BB does end up testing for these ingredients, IMO.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!