View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Buster Brown
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforC...ton?fref=photo

More dogs being shot by police. What an outrage. This one, too, was completely unjustified.

You know my whole thing is I'm not one that is going to go against some of the decisions law enforcement officers have to make... I get it, it's a tough job, you don't want to lose your life, they can often be scrutinized for things that they maybe did not have a choice for... but THIS ... is appalling. It's happening FAR too often and in many cases is completely uncalled for.

Example: let's say a cop is in a bad city, there's a loose Pit Bull (or any large breed 'intimidating' looking dog) running down the street (no collar/no tags/no owners in sight) and the cop shoots the dog for his own protection. To me, that's understandable. Now a cop is called to a non-emergency call at someone's house, gets out of car, and shoots a persons dog on THEIR property? Completely uncalled for. Hell, even while on an emergency call, if they are going through OTHER peoples backyards and happen to come across a dog... it is WRONG for a dog to be killed in his own backyard.

They actually did a story on Inside Edition the other night so I am glad some light is being shed onto this. Check out the page Dogs Shot by Police for more stories, it's happening too often.
I know it is so sad. I just called this police department after reading this story. Maine man fighting back after police allegedly shot, killed his dog in Louisiana — State — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine I told them I support the police but there has to be some accountability. I believe there is a certain type of aggressive person that joins the police force to intimidate people and they really give the whole force a bad name. I hope some day people make people who they work with accountable for their bad actions. Just like the vet workers who don't report animal cruelty when they see it in their own work place.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!