View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #9
Verbena
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
If you really would like to help the Yorkie breed, you would find great homes that you know will spay and neuter the dogs, or if you can afford it, do it before you sell them. Some breeders even give the buyers back the cost of spaying and neutering after they have completed it. We have too many dogs being bred and not enough owners who can afford to properly care for this very expensive dog. The cost isn't the initial purchase, it's the yearly expenses. I probably wouldn't charge more than 500 dollars from them, but I would want to find an owner who could afford to pay more. We get so many questions on illness and how the person can't afford to take the sick puppy to the vet. It's really awful and if you're not careful, the pups could end up in another puppy mill or backyard breeder situation. Bless you for taking care of mama!
I agree with Nancy. I would make it no more then $500. That is even the going rate for dogs here in NY. I would make sure you have a contract that they will spay or neuter the pup. Good luck
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!