View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
JuanRamos
Senior Yorkie Talker

How much does the surgery usually cost? I don't have any issues saving up money (I'm currently being paid on dollars) and travelling to where the best vet to treat LS currently is located, but I've zero experiences with how medics (I do have an international insurance, but thankfully I've never made use of it while being in the states) and vets operate in the U.S.

I know people who travelled to cities such as L.A and NY to get medical treatment and get checked by experts, and likewise americans who have come to mexico to get their chemotherapy after they had issues with Obamacare, so I'd like to think that taking a dog abroad for medical treatment shouldn't be very complicated as long as they are up to date with their vaccines.

United States Pet Passport - Dog and Cat Import Information Required

I'm just worried about the 21 days thing for vaccines. Wouldn't a dog with LS have issues taking vaccines? Obviously I'd not risk travelling with my dog unless she was in top shape after going through whatever diet and medication she'd need to control her symptoms. And she'd be travelling with me and not as cargo.

Last edited by JuanRamos; 05-04-2014 at 02:36 PM.
JuanRamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!