View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #15
KeeganRiley
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matese View Post
he has same face my lil boy has, only diff. is mine has stand up ears.These pics his nose looks more like a yorkie. He looks like a sweet lil boy. You were all blessed to find each other. How have your other pups accepted him.
Keegan and Piper are accepting Finn pretty well. Piper, being a puppy, likes to be chased so his willingness to pretend he wants whatever toy she has is awesome for her. Keegan has possessiveness issues where his people are concerned, so we're careful about body language and placement to avoid misunderstandings. No food-related conflict at all! \o/
Finn's ears are weird--they seem to have really strong cartilage at the bottom (they make a pop noise if mashed out of shape)--I wonder if they'd have stood up if groomed correctly when he was a puppy.
His first grooming went reasonably well. Only a few things were beyond his threshold of tolerance; the groomer was very patient and loving with him, and he assured me that we made a great decision rescuing Finn. Despite Finn's fearfulness, the groomer said that all he had to do was pause and "love on him" because, above all, this rescue "just wants to be loved." We'll work on his tolerance of hair dryers and nail grinders--I have both at home and can start with just the noise to get him used to it.
It's hard to get pics of Finn because, unlike Keegan Riley who comes running at the beep of a camera and hams it up, Finn wants nothing to do with it. I tried to get decent pics of his first haircut...but none were really good. I made a comparison of his shelter photos and his more recent ones:
FINN-before-&-after-650.gif
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!