View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Too pre-mature. I have yet to see if this article is peer-reviewed. If we did have our research section it would make for a good link. Unfortunately right now the link won't open for me, but hopefully later I can get in and read it.

As you are aware only looking at data from one hospital and that one being a pre-eminent one in the field of LS and MVD / PVH can create bias no matter how randomly the selection was done. In this random selection how many actual breeding lines were examined? I also would be interested to know if they have reported back to the breeders in question who might have no idea that maybe 50% of their puppies have either LS or MVD/PVH.

I am happy how-ever to see the recommendation for breeders to test at 8wks on BATS and retest at 4-6months - something my breeder has been doing for 8yrs or so. And my breeder will not breed to any sire that has not been BATS tested. Yet still something could crop up in the puppies.

And let us wait to see if YTCA changes their CHIC requirements to make BATS testing on all breeding stock mandatory and not suggested/recommended.

I remember posting years ago I thought from various research I had read that Liver Disease is at about 1 in 3 in this breed and for this reason, make sure your breeder is testing not only their breeding stock, but the puppies at 8wks old.
The YTCA is too busy trying to manage their three ring circus to care about BAT.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!