View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #1
SarahBear1986
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Darla's wellness check up

I had Darla into the vet the day I got her but it was an informal drop by look over kind of visit. The breeder said she weighed around a pound and a half when I got her. I dunno what sort of scale she used to know that but at the vet they used a baby scale and weighed Darla, which I thinks very accurate. She weighs in at just one pound. She's gonna be 8 weeks on Thursday. I got her a 6 month supply of heart worm preventative while I was there and had her tested for intestinal parasites which came back negative. She had a stitch in her tail which my vet removed. All in all she came back with a clean bill of health. I can breath a sigh of relief. I got her setup on a wellness plan and got a vaccination schedule laid out for her. Anyway just wanted to touch base and let anyone who wants to know that Darla is doing great. Oh yea, the vet said that since she's a pound at 7 weeks that she'll be much bigger than the 3 lbs her dad was and the 5 lbs her mom was. His hypothesis seemed very much generalized for all breeds of dogs and not so much Yorkies. I've heard of plenty of Yorkies being a pound at 7 weeks and not getting to a very big weight as an adult. Granted I didn't buy her because I thought she'd be tiny. However, I was hoping to get to that 5 lbs weight and level out around there.
SarahBear1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!