Thread: Pyoderma
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreuer View Post
She does itch a lot, scratching with her hind leg. I have never noticed her chew or lick her paws, but I will look out for that. Hopefully the medicine will clear it all up. Thanks!
Some questions to mull over...try to recall when the itching started...did it start w/ Spring? Or did it start before that and included itching in winter too? Did it start after any addition of new foods or treats?

If she itches all year round, then it's more likely that it's environmental allergies (dust, mites, pollens, trees, grasses, dander etc). If it's only seasonal (spring/summer) then it's likely just due to the pollens. Food allergies only account for about 10-15% of allergies, so an actual food allergy would be rare...the only way to diagnose a food allergy is to do an elimination diet, which are a pain in the butt to do, but it can be done.

Treatment for allergies really depends mostly on whether they're year round or seasonal. Here is a thread w/ even more detailed info:

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/die...tart-here.html

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!