View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #13
ShowGirlLola
YT 1000 Club Member

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBear1986 View Post
Pet Supplies - Pet Products - Pet Food | Petco.com

That's the bowl I picked up at petco. It's really sturdy. There's four small non-slip pads on the bottom of the bowls. I love that I can get stainless steel inserts with lids to go on them for this feeding system. I feed canned Merrick food and if she doesn't finish it all at an eating period then I can pop the kid on and stick it back in the fridge. I also give her purified spring water. I prefer to give it to her cold as I think it quenches thirst faster when it's good and cold. So if I notice it's not cold I can pop a lid on it and slide it in the fridge so it can cool down and then offer it to her again when it's cool. They also have coordinating non skid food mats for this feeding system. Not to mention it's really affordable in retrospect when compared to all the other goodies I've bought or am in the process of buying.
Those bowls are nice but I don't like using plastic and I think she'd try to pull the stainless steel insert out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
I understand what you are going through, I had this situation with the yorkie I had before Lola, I spent close to 6 months trying to figure out what to do. Kirby first started with splashing, then tipping his bowls over, then sliding them around the house. I have always put a placemat under the bowls to protect my wood floors. I first bought heavier bowls first, but it did not solve the splashing, I then went to the raised metal stand, that worked with the tipping over problem, but he figured out he could lift the edge of the place mat and drag it all over the house, it was not uncommon to find his bowls still on the mat far away from the original spot. Everything was solved the day I found a heavy rubber place mat with raised sides at the pet store. The place mat was designed for this type of thing, it was not suction mat but it sort of functioned as one, Kirby was not able to get it to move, I keep the bowls in a corner so he could only get to it from two sides, I kept the food stand a little towards the back of the matt, because of the raised sides on the mat he really did not put his paws inside the mat so that made it harder to play with the water and the food. He was not happy though, but LOL I was. he was small yorkie with a slim build and not to strong, but I would still see him put his paw on the top of the bowls, like he was petting the bowls but he was really trying to tip them over. I think if you get raised bowls in a stand and this rubber mat your problems will be solved.
They're such little punks.
I have carpet so I'm not sure if the mat will work as well, but it's worth trying.
ShowGirlLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!