View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #8
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
Hi Everyone
Here I am once again, looking for advice from the pros. I have a neighbor who lives up the road from me who has a Yorkie and now Wallee's mommy. When I first got Wallee and he was able to take his first walk outside, I was walking him up towards their home. They were excited to meet this new yorkie on the block and brought their yorkie out to meet Wallee..Of course, Wallee being a very young puppy went into the dog's face. His reaction of course was a nip that sent Wallee running behind me crying. Wallee was bitten a second time a couple weeks later from a friend's dog so I knew he had to go to puppy school to learn to socialize. He has as a result turned into a very great dog around other dogs.
The other dog up the street however (who has had multiple leg surgeries and who has been attacked twice I have to say) still has a real "hate' for Wallee..If we see him on walks he will lung at Wallee and try to bite him. I also witnessed him run out of his house and attack my friend's Duck Tolling Retriever for just being on his porch.
The owners of said yorkie are great people and yesterday she brought him and Rosie down to our house when she heard Wallee out in the yard. Luckily we had another dog here visiting who also has been known to have issues at times so she decided not to come in. Her reason for coming here was that she thinks if she brings this dog into Wallee's territory he will learn to be around him. Well, while she was talking to me on the other side of the gate, Wallee came up to investigate. First thing that dog did was lung at the fence growling.Wallee on the other side of the fence bowed down in total submission. He then got up, ran to the back yard and never returned while I was talking to the girl.
What my real question is after this long post is, do you really think it will be safe to bring this dog into my yard around Wallee? I don't think that dog will ever learn to like Wallee and I do not want him to attack Wallee and hurt him and then make Wallee turn agressive. Please tell me what you think of this situation.
Thanks
No and not necessary.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!