View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
Swellmomma
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hello everyone, new here

I am not sure if this is the forum do post and introduction or if they are even required but here's mine I'm Brandy, from Alberta Canada. I have an 11 month old Yorkie named Finn that is sleeping on my feet as I type this. I found this forum today by chance while googling what to do to help him poop today when it was stuck half way and he was yelping. Once that was dealt with and he was back to his usual self I decided to join in. I totally messed up on the housebreaking and have some serious work cut out for me this spring/summer. I thought it would be a good idea to train him to use the fake grass and pee pads during the cold winter but while he uses them lots he also goes pretty much all over the house, so training instead to go outside. He is getting pretty good at coming when called unless he is chasing his best friend (my ds15s cat Lily-born the same day as Finn, came home to live with us the same day, bonded to each other ever since). He understands No, and will walk away from whatever it is I said no to, but that is it for commands so hoping to work on that more too.

He is a pure joy to be around. He sleeps on my pillow with his paws in my hair wanting that closeness, and if not running around playing is always by my side.

In addition to Finn we have 4 cats (3 we adopted, 1 was given to us as a rescue) and I thought that was it for cats, but one of them never made it to her spay appointment, she got out when in heat and 4 weeks ago had a litter of 6 kittens. We are in the process of deciding if we are going to keep them all or adopt them out. On one hand I feel it is our responsibility to keep them since it is our fault she had the litter in the first place, on the other, well 10 cats is a lot even for someone who loves them lol

Along with the cats and Finn, we have 2 tortoises, 1 guinea pig, 1 hedgehog, 1 salamander and 1 leopard gecko. So a mini zoo

When Finn is older I hope to adopt/rescue another Yorkie but for now he gets all my loving. I waited 25 years to get him after I fell in love with the breed, waiting until I was at a point in my life to afford the care for him and such and it was well worth the wait to get him. Now if only he could learn to see baths and grooming are a good thing haha

Can't wait to start reading other threads and jump in
Swellmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!