View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:16 AM   #5
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I agree these people are brokers or a puppy mill as no single family can in any way have this many breeding males and females and their puppies living in the home as beloved family pets, getting to enjoy the life of a family member. These breeding dogs likely have no one-on-one meaningful relationship with humans, where they take almost every step at home that we take, don't have birthday parties with their own presents and cakes, don't get to cuddle on the couch with a their favorite person for hours and other family members every day, have no special toy box, or get taken on family picnics or have play dates, daily walks and puzzle games to play, no life-enriching activities.

If these people are brokers, some of the litters may be from BYB'ers who just put a male with a female to get a litter for a variety of reason or their female accidentally got pregnant and the owners want to get rid of the puppies, so they sell the litter to the broker to place the dogs or breed them if they can't.

If it's a mill, they live in cages or kennels 24/7 except for brief periods of exercise and enjoy none of the free, crazy fun life of a dog running free in his yard or park or getting the zoomies in his home just before bedtime. They enjoy little human touch and no cuddles - just the same same old of day after day lying about, eating, drinking and waiting for their brief times out of the cage or kennel except for the times they are out to breed, whelp and care for their puppies and then it's back to the cage - a lifestyle that goes on until death or they are "retired" and moved on. They rarely, if ever, see a vet unless it's related to whelping. It's a hopeless, meaningless life of dreariness and deprivation of all stimulation or joy.

There are many mixed breeds because these dogs are not watched closely and when allowed out to exercise have little to no oversight so any two dogs might breed, hence all the mixed-breed/Heinz 57 type puppies, which at some point, brokers and some breeders began calling "designer" dogs in order to try to make them relevant price-wise.

To buy a dog from people that treat dogs like this is to underwrite and facilitate that type of disgusting treatment of dogs for those people to make money! I would be willing to bet that not one of the "breeders" are pre-checked prior to breeding for any evidence of LP, collapsing trachea, Legg-Perthes', liver shunt/MVD or any of the many diseases small dogs are subject to these days.

I'd advise my friend to run from any breeder selling a large variety of dogs - that type of operation is no friend to the dogs it houses or sells.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!