View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Surely when the vet boards dogs he provides kennels with some room in them to romp about freely, a dog bed in one end and a door to an individual outside run. That is not a cruel way to board a dog for a limited amount of days, especially if other dogs are nearby, they are checked on frequently and let out to run in an enclosed yard. Dogs have been boarded in kennels with outside runs for years without undue psychological damage. And there is usually ample oversight - many people around most of the time to be sure no one mistreats a dog. And it's safer than anything else I can think of as even dogsitters in the home can have their shortcomings and all it takes is one brief lapse for a dog to zip out the door or perhaps a little swat or shout when no one else is around, etc.

I'm just sayin' that when a single person cares for your dog alone in the home, you'd better know they are a virtual angel - know them inside and out and that they are the sole of patience and single-minded attention as there is no one to know what they do except your dog. I'm far too paranoid to leave my dog alone with almost any single person in the home setting. Some of the sweetest, kindest people are just too scatterbrained to watch for a tiny terrier clever enough to outwit them and dash out that door or find a way through that crack in the fence while they were busy on their cell phone. Or be scared of them should they shout or swat at him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!