View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
SarahBear1986
Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm not comfortable with boarding at all. It would be a last resort for me. My hubby's parents and my parents and my sister would all be more than willing to keep Darla if I ever had to go on vacation or something came up. I got her with that in mind. If I knew there would be any possibility of her being boarded I most likely would never have went with a Yorkie as I think with them being such a small breed, they require one on one monitoring around the clock in my opinion. I mean Darla sleeps when I sleep so by round the clock I mean minus the hours of sleep. If I need to cook dinner I put Darla in a our cat carrier with a toy just so I can have peace of mind that my three year old or our German Shepherd do not step on her. I never let her run freely. I always have an eye on her. I might be over protective but for a dog expected to be 4-5 lbs I don't think there's such a thing as being overly protective and cautious. It would take a split second for these little guys to tumble and break their backs. Some care takers at a kennel who maybe aren't around little dogs often may treat her just as they would any other breed of dog but what other breeds can typically shake off and keep going from, a Yorkie cannot. A short fall could result in a broken back. I wouldn't be comfortable leaving her at a kennel and I don't like the idea of her being caged at the vet but if I had to choose I'd say she's much safer with the vet. Do you have any family willing to keep him?

Last edited by SarahBear1986; 04-25-2014 at 06:17 PM.
SarahBear1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!