View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #5
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

That leaving a dog totally alone for 12 hours frightens me to bits. If he had a seizure or got his paw caught on something or began chewing on it from nerves or began to vomit, have diarrhea, he's got a long, long time to wait before any help comes. I assume at the vet a vet tech is on site 24/7 to tend to and check on the dogs in the cages at the vet's. The choices are not ideal but even if you leave the dog with a friend who can keep them in a home setting and even sleep with them, all kinds of unhappy things can still happen - your dog can refuse to eat at that home, be fearful of that person or get out and run away - as no one is possibly as careful with our babies as we are I don't care what they say. In the old days, many dogs used to spend all day in their cages while their owners worked so dogs usually adjust to the crating after a few hours, curl up and sleep most of the time. I'd go with the vet situation where at least someone is around all of the time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!