View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #14
JuanRamos
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Dogs often don't react to things they are used to and your rattling the keys a bunch to test her has probably just inured her to them and there's no reason to react as far as she sees it.
And now that you mention it, I'm starting to think as well that her getting used to the loud noises coming from outside might be another reason for her to be so calm in front of something simple like rattling keys or someone hitting a pot. The welding gun is so loud that we can hear it all over our house, but I doubt it's loud enough to cause any serious harm to her ears since we never let her out when there are people working outside. The rest of my dogs never seemed to have any issues with such noises as puppies, not even fireworks or the noise produced by a crowd in a baseball stadium.

I'll still take her to the vet to get her ears checked in case she got one plugged with hair. It seems that waiting until she almost turned 5 months was a bit too late for her first grooming session, according to what one of my sister's friends told her.

Last edited by JuanRamos; 04-25-2014 at 02:26 PM.
JuanRamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!