View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #5
JuanRamos
Senior Yorkie Talker

She seems to be ignoring rattling keys as well. Only really loud noises from outside or other rooms (specially our Blender, which she hasn't heard much of) get her attention.

Can she still feel vibrations if she's on top of her crate's cushion? The blender was 2 rooms away when her ears twitched and she faced to the exit of the room where I'm currently keeping her. I'm starting to think that she just became way too self-absorbed.

I'll still take her to the vet today to have her ear canals checked. A plug of hair wouldn't cause foul odor right away, right? I noticed that the groomer only trimmed the top of her ears and left the chunks of hair around her ears, and I guess there's also the chance that some of the cut hair could have gone inside of her canals.

I honestly didn't know that deafness caused by hair plugs was an issue with toy breeds. Apparently Poodles and Yorkies have it the worst. Now I feel awful for ignoring her head shaking and ear scratching, even if it only lasted a couple of hours.

Last edited by JuanRamos; 04-25-2014 at 08:30 AM.
JuanRamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!