View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #3
JuanRamos
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBear1986 View Post
Sounds like an issue with the peking order. Do you let her get away with more things than your mom does. Yorkies can easily charm the pants off of any stubborn hearted person so it's easy for owners of Yorkies to let them get away with naughty behavior thus making the Yorkie feel as though she is more entitled than the human and then the pack order gets all out of control because the Yorkie feels that they are the pack leader.
Yeah, my mom really hates when she gets on the sofa, and I guess my attempts at teaching her to not always be on top of me have horribly backfired because I've pretty much allowed to use her stairs to get on living room's biggest sofa to play with her chewing toy. Now I feel that rather than listening to me calling her, she feels like she can always come at me whenever she feels like it to get some affection.

I've had issues controlling biting before with younger pups, but even with the most stubborn puppy doing crying/growling noises would get them to do a "curious face", with them tilting their heads as if trying to figure out what was wrong with me. She just doesn't stop at all when I try to stop her from biting, though she did stop to biting as hard as she did when we first got them. Now she bites a lot gentlier.

I pretty much tried everything the woman in this video did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd80zT6BwYE
JuanRamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!