View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #9
vms1177
Donating YT Addict

Love Liver shunt success!!!

Thanks everyone for the responses. I am sorry that I did not give an update on Mandy's condition. She does have Liver shunt Her bile acid test came back off the charts that surprised the vet. I have done allot of research into the diet for the liver shunt dogs and have seen extraordinary results/ changes in Mandy's condition. I have had the bile acid tests done 2 times now and have decreased significantly with The Latalose and diet. I feed her a low protein home cooked diet I opted for this after I saw the garbage that was in the Hills food. I purchased a few cans and decided to research the best simple home cooked. I give Mandy Salmon, brown rice sweet potatoes and broccoli sometimes Kale is mixed in. I also feed her a bit of plain yogurt and cottage. I also mix in organic carrots too. I also give Mandy Latalose 3 times a day in her food. WOW what I miracle Mandy is one of those cases where she should not have survived her nine years with this. Her Bile acid test decreased by 100 points. The vet has 3 liver shunt cases and these dogs are on the Hills I/D and they are not doing as well as Mandy,
her neurological issues have almost become non exsistance she is much more playful and puppy like now what a change !!! It has been about 3 months now. Its does not take a lot of extra time to do this and its worth it just freeze the food.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!