View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
mainevent23
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Skin Problem - Picture Attached

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum

My girlfriend and I have 2 litter mate yorkie pups that are 11 months. They're very healthy and energetic, but the little girl has a little round skin problem on her neck behind her left ear.

We noticed this about 2-3 months ago. It's a little raised and has scabbed over, but doesn't seem to bother her when you touch it or pet her. She hasn't had hair on the spot since we noticed it.

The vet prescribed us very strong oral medication that was supposed to reduce the 'swelling' (its not really swelled, just raised). The doctor also prescribed her a ointment that we used for over a week and noticed very little difference.

At this point, we're not sure what it is. We know it isn't bacterial from what the vet said and the tests he did on her. They could do a biopsy, but that would be $800, or completely remove it for $900. We've already spent about $400 on trying to figure out what it is, and we still don't know!

I think that's all the details I have for you guys. If anyone can help us out, please let us know as we're a little worried. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, or spreading, so we're going to leave it until we paid off the last vet bill. lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Adam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lilly.jpg (24.0 KB, 84 views)
mainevent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!