View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #7
DBlain
Donating YT Addict

Congratulations on Peanut, I am on my 5th yorkie, although LOL should I say 4.5 since Lola is a yorkie mix. Two of mine were high strung, high energy yappers and not good with children or other dogs. In fact 30 years ago when I did not know much better I had my first yorkie debarked because he was such a loud mouth II would never do this to a dog again) My other two and now Lola were much sweeter and two of the three loved children. One was afraid of children but she was the most laid back of any of them so she never nipped she just tried to stay away.

Like the others have said there are a variety of personalities within the breed but they do tend to be more spirited, high energy and a little on the barky side. While I do think some of it is in how they are raised (and of course if they have been abused) I believe more of it is in their genes, because I raised all my 5 the same yet each had very different traits that were with them their whole lives.

You did not mention how he was with other dogs, but chances are if he is snappy with young children he might not be that crazy about other dogs, so you will really need to protect him from himself, even when encountering dogs that owners say are friendly if your dog snaps first the other dog my react by biting.

Last edited by DBlain; 04-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.
DBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!